Monday, October 7, 2013

My Testimony

Hey Blog Readers I am going to tell you how  I became a christian. When  I was a baby  I was dangerously Ill with  Leukemia (Which is cancer for the blood.) Then god healed me before  I had any treatment.  I had the privilege to be born into a christian family. We went to church every Sunday to be honest  I was there just to see my friends. But as time went by when  I was 11. I started a youth group called 11up  I loved it there but  I was only there to see my friends. I also started another youth group called Red Ds which is for young people with disablites. I loved it there again  I was there just to see my friends.
 One night at church when someone was preaching on John 3v16 which is now  my favorite verse in the whole bible because it makes me feel safe.  'For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever  believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life'. It really touched me and I realized that I needed to repent of my sins .
 When I was 12 I started going to baptismal classes at my Pastor Paul's house.   I had so many favorite hymns so we had to narrow it  down to one, I had 'The power of the cross' by Stuart townend. When I was 13 I got baptized on the Sunday 8th June 2008. I read a bit of  my testimony to everyone. Now I am 18 I have really grown In my faith. I have been really encouraged  by christian friends at church.  
Thanks For Reading 
Heidi 

No comments: