Monday, November 28, 2016
My favorite hymns part 1
Hiya my lovely blog readers
I am so thankful for you all that you read my blog every week
As you may know I am a christian and I love singing and praising my saviour Jesus. just thought
it's time to update you on the songs I like, you might be reading this for 2 years!
1. 1000 reasons, I love this song because it really captures the essence of God's character and who he is and it goes through the glorious aspects of his glorious character.
2. The Power of the Cross - This song holds a special place in my heart because I chose it for my baptism and I always cry at this song because it melts my stony heart of the love that was shown on that cross.
The reason I chose it for my baptism is because I wanted people to know how much it cost him to save me and I wanted to remind myself of his amazing sacrifice and how much it cost him to save me .
3. O Hidden love of God whose height. This song also holds a special place in my heart because it's my dad's baptism song and If I had known the song when I was 13 I would have also had it for my baptism, because it reminds me of God's love.
4. By faith we see the hand of God - I love this song because it really exhorts me to keep my eyes on him and to walk by faith and not by sight . I also like the verse 'The longed for messiah would appear' because it delights my heart to know that people were longing for him to come .
5. How Great thou art- This hymn is an abosulte classic, It reminds me of the greatness and the mighty power of God
6. Fear Not for I have reedeamed you - This song was written by my fantasic dad, while I was in and out of hospital with leukemia . This song really moves me to tears because of my dad's faith, . He had faith that God was walking with him in the fire of his daughter being really ill.
7. How deep the father's love- I love this song because it moves me to tears because it reminds me that it was my sin that nailed him to the cross and I my response to that dying love is to not boast in anything in the world but boast in him.
8. Hark the herald angels sing - I love this carol, because it's my favorite carol , because of it's theology 'Velied in flesh the Godhead see' I love that line because It amazes me that the fulness of God is in a baby in a manager
More to come
Heidi
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment