Monday, September 8, 2014

What I learned at church on Sunday 7th September 2014

Hey Blog Readers
Hope you are all having a lovely day!

 The morning sermon  was about that we are all made in the image of likeness of god and I learned something new. I learned that you are nearer to god if you are with godly people. I  also learned that we should never  view someone as an object.
 Each one of us are image bearers of god because we were created for a purpose and to bring glory to god. God has planned us to be like him. We are representing god and are representatives of god.  

The evening sermon was about the fight between god and Satan in heaven. I think this sermon was one of the hardest sermon to understand for me because I don't like thinking about Satan because Satan scares me because of Satan  my biggest fear death came into the world.
 But I know that  with all my heart  Satan has been conquered by my best friend Jesus Christ so I don't have to be scared.
Thanks For Reading
Heidi

2 comments:

Mike. said...

Thanks Heidi. Praise God Jesus is victorious. Here's a hymn with Jesus victorious over Satan.

In Eden - sad indeed that day -
My countless blessings fled away,
My crown fell in disgrace.
But on victorious Calvary
That crown was won again for me -
My life shall all be praise

Faith! See the place, and see the tree
Where heaven's Prince, instead of me,
Was nailed to bear my shame.
Bruised was the serpent by the Son,
Though two had wounds, there conquered One -
And Jesus was His Name.
(William Williams, 1717-91)

Heidi said...

Thanks for your lovely comment and for the hymn!
Heidi