Monday, March 3, 2014

Safe Places Scheme In the City Centre

Hey Blog Readers
 I am part of scheme called Safe Places. It is basically about If someone with a learning disability needs help in town or someone has committed hate crime to them they go to shop or a cafe or a council buildings with a safe places logo in the window and they will show them the safe places card and the people who work in the safe place can help them and they will be trained how to help  them. Or if someone  falls  ill they can call a personal contact on their contact card or if they are lost and they don't know  what  bus stop to go to they can direct  them. If a crime has been committed they can also call the police.

I have helped plan the launch which is on Thursday 6th March. I  put my ideas about the card forward and they developed my ideas into a great card. I went round the shops today and I gave them the details about the scheme. We spoke to H&M, Primark, Next, Lush, A write card, Game, Charles Agger and conroys . They  all seemed interested and they said they would tell their managers.
I am very exited about this scheme which I'm helping Grapevine with.


Thanks For Reading
Heidi

No comments: