Hope you all had a restful weekend!
I am going to tell you what I learned on Sunday 19th October 2014.
On Sunday we had a visiting preacher who was called Simon Hook who came all the way from crowbrough he is so short he is the same height as me!
However In the morning service we were studying Isaiah Chapter 55 V 6-17 we were writing a bucket list of 6 things to do before you die.
The first thing was to seek the lord while he is near and while he may be found this really encouraged me to keep on seeking him whole heartedly.
The second thing is that we have to call upon the lord and whoever calls upon the name of the lord shall be saved this really challenged me to keep calling on the name of the lord.
The third thing we have to abandon our old ways and we have to deny self and take up our cross this really made me think how hard it is to take up my cross but I have denied myself and took up my cross when I was only 13 I took up my cross and denied myself and I am so glad I did.
The fourth thing we have to do is to return to the lord and pleading with him to forgive us and god can take our lives at any point in his perfect timing.
Also the fifth thing is that when we return to lord he will have abundant mercy and he will abundantly forgive. He is a god who loves to forgive and he is not like us at all/.
The sixth thing is the word while which means their is an expiry date their will be a day when it
will be to late to repent.
In the evening the sermon was on heaven which is one of my favorite themes in the bible we were
studying Hebrews chapter 11 V 18- 16 and Revelation 21 V 4. We were saying that heaven is our permanent home and we are just pilgrims on a journey in Philippians Chapter 2 It says that our citizenship is in heaven and we don't belong on this earth. Also heaven is where the heart should be we should spend 1/2 an hour thinking about heaven and what is to be like. For me heaven is my home and I long to be their because I know their will be no coeliac or sin and god will wipe every tear from our eyes.
Thanks For Reading
Heidi
No comments:
Post a Comment