Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Court case update

 Hiya my lovely Friends

As you may know I have been taking the UK government to court as at the moment the law states that a baby with DS and other non fatal disabilities  for example , Cleft palette, club foot  which are easily corrected is up to birth but a baby without a disability is 24 weeks which is Downright discrimination  .

Last Tuesday we went to the court of appeal and we have won the appeal on the grounds of discrimination.

I was able to speak in the court much to my surprise , I was very honoured as it's unusual to be allowed to speak in court . 

I said about my amazing life and about my wonderful husband James and about the law and how it makes me feel that I should not exist.

Thanks for reading

Heidi. 

No comments: