Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Coventry university research project about Education Health Care Plans!

Hiya my lovely friends!
Hope you are all having a lovely day!

I am involved in a Coventry university research project and we are investigating whether Education  and health care plans actually reflect the young person who receives the plan.. Sometimes the people who write EHCP's do not talk to the young person at all!

We aim to improve the lives of young people with disabilities by letting them have  a say in thier plan, there is no point writing a plan before you even meet them!

This will be very  beneficial to  the young people so they can have a real voice in their plans. It will help their parents so they can help the young person, to build thier confidence in understanding what the plan says.

On 30th November we are launching this to the government in London.

I am doing a speech about decisions I had to make in my life  , I hope my speech will have  a lasting impact on people, on how important it is to let people with disablites choose  what they want in their lives!

Thanks for reading.

Stay happy!
Heidi

No comments: