Monday, August 4, 2014

Urban Escape 2014!

Hello Blog Readers.
Hope you are all having a restful summer holiday!

As you may all know I went to wales last week for a church camp called Urban Escape which is a camp for young people which happens every year and this year we went to a very nice place called Wern Watkin Cottage which is in  Breacon Beacons which is a 2 hour drive away.

 This year we did  a lot of activities which  I found enjoyable and (sometimes painful!) We played a forest wide game when we had to steal some apples and skittles and take them back to our base it's like capture the flag but more fun and the apples were worth 1 point but the skittles were worth 3 points and if someone gets tagged they have to go back to the enemies base and put one leg in the circle of cones and one leg out and then someone on your team has to hold your hand and you can then be freed. I didn't particularly like this game because I kept on being tagged because I have short legs and they can't run very fast.

On the Tuesday  we participated in raft building  it was very fun and enjoyable I made the raft but I didn't go in the raft because I was being a bit of wimp.
 
In the evenings we had world class bible talks about what god is and the theme of the camp was God is ....

The first evening it was about God is real  which was delivered by my very good friend Alex Walker  we did something called the realometer which is when we all have to stand up turn the other way so no- one can see us apart from Alex  and we had to make a number with our hands weather we think God is real or not.  Zero if you if you don't believe God is real 2 fingers if your not sure and 10 fingers if you believe he is real

The 2nd evening it was about God is holy which  was delivered by my very  good friend Andy Norris he did about how we are all planted in Adam and how we can't save ourselves.   i thought it was my favorite talk of the whole camp it  really challenged me.  And  it really struck me in my heart that when I was 13 i was cut off the tree of Adam and put on by God's grace the tree of life.

I realized how deeply infected  we are by sin and how sin has ruined this world.

Thanks For Reading
Heidi

No comments: